The broad objectives of teaching of Mathematics at secondary stage are to help the learners to:
- Consolidate the Mathematical knowledge and skills acquired at the upper primary stage;
- Acquire knowledge and understanding, particularly by way of motivation and visualization, of basic concepts, terms, principles and symbols and underlying processes and skills;
- Develop mastery of basic algebraic skills;
- Develop drawing skills;
- Feel the flow of reasons while proving a result or solving a problem.
- Apply the knowledge and skills acquired to solve problems and wherever possible, by more than one method.
- Develop positive ability to think, analyze and articulate logically;
- Develop necessary skills to work with modern technological devices such as calculators, computers etc;
- Develop interest in Mathematics as a problem-solving tool in various fields for its beautiful structures and patterns, etc;
- Develop reverence and respect towards great Mathematicians for their contributions to the field of Mathematics.
- Develop interest in the subject by participating in related competitions;
- Acquaint students with different aspects of mathematics used in daily life;
- Develop an interest in students to study mathematics as a discipline.
|2.||Exponents and Powers|
|3.||Square, Square roots , Cubes, Cube roots|
|4.||Algebraic Expressions and Identities|
|6.||Linear Equations in Two Variables|
|8.||Direct & Inverse Proportions|
|10.||Introduction to Graphs|
|13.||Visualising Solid Shape|