Most students feel that Mathematics exam is the most difficult hurdle to cross. This perception can be negated by following a simple, effective and structured preparation for the exam. CBSE has released the XII Boards exam date sheet for 2016 and the mathematics exam is slated for March 14, 2016. The plan for the next almost two months must focus on the following five important habits.
- Each Lesson has to be revised over a period of two days.
- Revision of an individual topic should be done by including all examples and exercise from the NCERT (National Council for Educational Research and Training) book and NCERT exemplars.
- After the preparation the revised practice should be done keeping the weightage and the patterns in mind. The approach is explained below with the example of one chapter:
- Matrices and determinants
- Weightage:13 marks
DISTRIBUTION OF MARKS
(6 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1) or (4 + 4 + 4 + 1)
Create five sets of paper of the said weightage and answer each set in 20 minutes. The same approach is to be followed for all chapters as per their weightage and pattern. The time taken should be proportionate to 1.5 minute per 1 mark. This type of practice will help you to balance both content and time management.
Write one full syllabus test every week and get it checked from your teachers. You should complete these test papers in 2 ½ hrs (instead of the actual examination time three hours). If possible, do this test between 10:30 am and 1:00 pm
AVOID MAKING COMMON MISTAKES
- Not rechecking numerical calculation
- Forgetting to add + C in indefinite integral questions
- Forgetting to write the equations of the line in standard form before starting any further calculation.
Along with the above, one will need to ensure a few pointers for doing well on the day of exam
- Get good amount of sleep, eat a regular breakfast and reach your exam center on time.
- Make sure you have your admit card and a pencil box including two sharpened pencils, two good quality pens, erasers, compass and scale.
- Use the reading time judiciously for your paper. Make a strategy and prioritize the order in which the questions need to be answered.
- Preferably start with section C. Start every six mark question on a new page.
- Draw diagrams in questions based on maxima minima, area bounded by curves etc.
- Completing the paper in 150 to 160 minutes will help you to get 20 to 30 minutes of revision time to check and rectify any type of error, omission etc.
Following these guidelines will help you to score more.
(The article has been prepared by the experts at Studymate and can be reached email@example.com)